PA nabs members of group that declared intifada

Sources in Hebron say most of masked men who called for 3rd intifada are being held by PA's Preventive Security Force.

By
January 5, 2013 19:10
1 minute read.
New Palestinian group announces 3rd intifada

New Palestinian group announces 3rd intifada 370. (photo credit: YouTube screenshot)

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

Palestinian Authority security forces in the West Bank have arrested members of a new terrorist group who recently declared the beginning of a third intifada.

In a video posted on YouTube last month, nine masked men from Hebron declared the establishment of a group called the Brigades of National Unity and called for a third intifada.

Be the first to know - Join our Facebook page.




A spokesman for the group vowed to pursue the fight against Israel until the liberation of all of Palestine, “from the river to the sea.”

He said that the group had decided to launch the third intifida from the heart of Hebron so that it would expand to the rest of the Palestinian territories.

The terrorist group would kidnap IDF soldiers and other Israelis “if Israel continued to kill and arrest” Palestinians, the spokesman threatened.

Sources in Hebron said that most of the masked men who appeared in the video were now being held by the PA’s Preventive Security Force. They identified three of the detainees as Muhammad Salaymeh, 18; Bilal Salaymeh, 18; and Farid Salaymeh, 16.

Two other detainees have been identified as Munjed Ahmaro, 19, and Izzadin Tabaneh, 17.

The families of the detainees said that they had been told by PA security officers that their sons were being held in a Palestinian prison out of concern that they may be arrested by the IDF.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Visitors read books at the Big Bad Wolf Book Sale, which calls itself the world's biggest
October 18, 2018
'World's largest book sale' opens shop in Dubai

By REUTERS