Saudi Arabia: Convicted Pakistani man beheaded

By
May 24, 2007 13:45

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

Saudi authorities on Thursday beheaded a Pakistani man convicted of smuggling drugs into the country, the Interior Ministry said in a statement. The statement, carried by the official Saudi Press Agency, said Sujad Ahmed Mumtaz Khan was arrested while trying to smuggle heroin into the kingdom. He was executed in the al-Dawademi province that belongs to the Riyadh region. Saudi Arabia follows a strict interpretation of Islam under which people convicted of murder, drug trafficking, rape and armed robbery can be executed. Thursday's execution brought to 78 the number of people, including two women, beheaded in the kingdom this year. Saudi executions are performed with a sword and in public as a deterrent. The kingdom beheaded 38 people last year and 83 people in 2005.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Protest ISIS UK
September 24, 2018
ISIS video claims attack on Iran, Iran still blames US

By SETH J. FRANTZMAN