Two Emirati men get 15 years each for attack on Swiss-French boy

By
December 12, 2007 16:37

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

Two Emirati men were sentenced Wednesday to 15 years in prison each in the highly charged case of kidnapping and sexual attack on a French-Swiss teenage boy. Veronique Robert, the mother of the 15-year-old boy, said that "justice was done," but that she would still appeal, seeking a tougher punishment for the men she said raped her son and put him in danger of contracting HIV. Neither of the defendants, ages 35 and 18, nor the underage victim, who now lives in Europe, were present in the courtroom Wednesday when the three-judge panel read the sentences. The two men had been charged with "kidnapping with deceit" and "forced homosexual relations," a charge that can be punished with life imprisonment or death, in connection with the July attack on the boy.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

January 17, 2019
From Nairobi to Manbij: Terror attacks loom large

By SETH J. FRANTZMAN