Journalist Rosen ‘welcomes chance to defend himself’

National Crime Unit refuses to say whether official investigation of numerous complaints has begun.

By
May 5, 2013 22:25
1 minute read.
Emmanuel Rosen

Emanuel Rosen 370. (photo credit: Wikimedia Commons)

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

Journalist Emmanuel Rosen welcomed the chance to defend himself before a formal police investigation, Moshe Ronen, his media adviser said on Sunday.

“We commend the opening of official proceedings, because they will include rules and procedures, as opposed to what there has been up until now, which is simply a trial by media,” Ronen said.

Be the first to know - Join our Facebook page.


Ronen’s statements came as the media reported on Sunday that the police decided to open an investigation, days after they had announced opening a probe into the allegations that Rosen sexually harassed dozens of women who worked with him during his career in the media.

The LAHAV 433 National Crime Unit refused to confirm on Sunday that an official investigation had begun, only saying that nothing had changed in the status of the case since last week, and that they would issue an official statement if a formal criminal investigation against Rosen began.

A number of complaints have been issued to the police against Rosen since they announced the opening of the probe, and testimony has also been given by former colleagues. Rosen will soon be expected to come in to give his testimony as part of a possible official police inquiry.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Riot
August 31, 2014
Rioting resumes throughout east Jerusalem Saturday night

By DANIEL K. EISENBUD