Man stabbed in forest near Beit Shemesh

Police open an investigation after 40-year-old man found critically injured from several stab wounds.

February 23, 2012 05:48
Magen David Adom ambulances [file]

Magen David Adom ambulances 311. (photo credit: Reuters)


Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analysis from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief


A 40-year-old Jewish man was discovered in Ramat Beit Shemesh critically injured from a number of stab wounds on Wednesday afternoon.

Police opened an investigation, but they are unsure if the man was a victim of a terrorist attack or a criminal attack.

A judge placed a media ban on all details of the investigation.

Magen David Adom paramedics evacuated the man, who was stabbed in the stomach, to Hadassah Ein Kerem hospital. The man was conscious when he was evacuated but police are still unsure of the background of the situation. The man immediately entered surgery upon arrival at the hospital.

Paramedic Emanuel Shteren responded to a call from police at 1:45 pm and found the man conscious but critically injured on a path in the forest near Ramat Beit Shemesh Gimel.

It was unclear if the man called police himself or if someone else called police, Shteren told the Jerusalem Post. Shteren added that due to concern of internal injury the paramedics immediately evacuated the man to Hadassah Ein Kerem.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

August 31, 2014
Rioting resumes throughout east Jerusalem Saturday night