Woman stabbed to death in West Bank, Islamic Jihad claims responsibility

Palestinian stabs three people at hitchhiking post outside Alon Shvut settlement; attack comes hours after IDF soldier stabbed and critically hurt in Tel Aviv.

Gush Etzion stabbing
A 26-year-old woman was killed in a stabbing terror attack at the Alon Shvut junction in the Gush Etzion area of the West Bank on Monday. The attack came hours after an IDF soldier was stabbed and critically wounded by a terrorist in Tel Aviv.

According to an initial investigation into the attack, a car pulled up to the hitchhiking post at the entrance to the Alon Shvut settlement. The driver then stepped out of the car and stabbed three people.The guard stationed at the entrance to the settlement shot the terrorist, seriously wounding him.The Islamic Jihad later claimed responsibility for the attack. The incident occurred meters away from the location where three Israeli teens — Eyal Yifrah, Naftali Fraenkel and Gil-Ad Shaer — were kidnapped and then killed in June. The name of the 26-year-old woman, Dalia Lamkus, was cleared for publication on Monday evening. Hannan Meir, a Magen David Adom paramedic who arrived on the scene, told The Jerusalem Post, "When we arrived, I saw two people lying on the ground near the bus stop - the same place where three teenagers were kidnapped [by Hamas members in June this year]. One person [the 25-year-old Israeli woman] was unconscious, and another man was in light to moderate condition. Our people, together with the army, began treating the unconscious woman. We tried to resuscitate her, and placed her in the ambulance. We were forced to declare her dead as she was in the ambulance on the scene."The IDF evacuated one injured person to the Hadassah Medical Center in Jerusalem, and a second injured person to the Sha'arei Tzedek Medical Center in Jerusalem. Paramedics treated another person on the scene who suffered shock. One stab victim sustained cuts to his jaw, and a second sustained a stab wound to the stomach. The terrorist is being treated in hospital.The IDF temporarily closed off the area and to search for possible additional suspects.The attack came hours after a Palestinian stabbed and critically injured an IDF soldier near Hahagana train station in Tel Aviv.