Palestinian hunger striker Muhammad al Kik has reportedly rejected an Israeli offer to be released on May 1 if he stopped his fast.Kik, who has been on hunger strike for the past 70 days, is currently hospitalized in a hospital in Afula. The Palestinian Commission for Prisoners Affairs said that the offer was relayed to MK Osama Sa'di and Kik's attorney, Ashraf Abu Sneineh, during negotiations with Israeli security officials late Saturday. The commission said that kIK, who worked for a Hamas-affiliated TV station in the West Bank, turned down the offer, insisting that he be released immediately and unconditionally from administrative detention. Kik was arrested on November 21 at his home in Ramallah for terrorist activities connected to Hamas, according to Shin Bet [Israel Security Agency].His hunger strike came as a protest of his administrative detention by Israel. Last month, Emek Hospital's ethics committee reached a decision to permit forced treatment on Kik, although it was against his demands. Palestinian leadership as well as international human rights organizations met this decision with outrage. Last Thursday, Kik rejected the Israeli Supreme Court ruling that would temporarily suspend his incarceration without a trial, citing that the ruling was an effort to undermine his struggle.In the one recent instance where the High Court employed this new idea of suspending administrative detention, the detention was immediately reactivated once the detainee’s health had recovered – though only for a short period before he was released.Kik responded to the court's decision by pledging to maintain his hunger strike with the following ultimatum: "martyrdom or freedom."Jpost.com Staff contributed to this report.