Chef Golan Israeli, Dan Accadia’s Executive Chef says that the hotel recently purchased a special Pizza oven to to make authentic Italian pizza. Chef Golan Israeli studied culinary art at Dan Gourmet and did an internship at the New York Waldorf Astoria. He was the chef of Herods hotel and the operational chef of Hilton Tel Aviv.
Chef Golan Israeli, photo: Daniel Lailah
The new pizzas offered include four white pizzas and three pizzas including tomatoes.
· Zucchini Bianca – cream sauce, zucchini slices and mozzarella.
· Pear & Roquefort Bianca – pears poached in white wine, topped with shredded Roquefort, mozzarella, and green leaves
· Salmon Bianca – smoked salmon, crème freiche and red onion rings
· Four Cheese Bianca – camembert, buche, ricotta, and mozzarella, with green leaves
· Tomato, Chilli & Pineapple – tomato sauce, fresh chili rings, pineapple, and mint leaves
· Greek – tomato sauce, eggplant, onions, feat cheese, anchovies, and oregano
· Mushroom & Chetnut – Portobello, champignon and wild mushrooms, with tomato sauce, chestnuts and parmesan cheese
In addition to the new pizza menu, the lobby restaurant menu includes dairy cold and warm dishes, such as salads, soups, pastas, fish, and dessert.
I tried the Greek and Mushroom & Chestnut pizzas. The pizzas have a thin crust, Italian style and they are very good. All the food I had there was very tasty – onion soup, Caprese salad, Gnocchi (not to be missed!) and the cakes are superb! and service is excellent. Great experience!
Dan Accadia Lobby Restaurant has one of the best views of the beach. Seating is inside or on the garden terrace. The hotel and lobby was recently renovated and is elegant and contemporary.
Information: Dan Accadia Lobby Restaurant, 122 Ramat Yam, Herzliya. Open Sunday-Thursday 12-23, Friday 12-an hour before Shabbat. Kosher.
For a full review: Dan Accadia Lobby Restaurant – Pizzas and Dairy Food