Baby nearly chokes to death on string tied to pacifier

A one-year-old baby in the east Jerusalem neighborhood of Zur Baher nearly choked to death on Thursday morning after the string connected to her pacifier wrapped around her neck.
Magen David Adom paramedics evacuated the baby to Shaare Tzedek Medical Center in critical condition with the possibility of serious brain damage.
Beterem, the National Center for Child Safety and Health, recommends that pacifiers and other equipment should never be put on the edge of a string or ribbon in the vicinity of young children, because they can cause choking. In addition, strings and other such objects should not hang from curtains or blinds because of the same reason.