Jerusalem toddler critically injured by fallen steel door

A three-year-old girl was critically injured in her family’s Har Nof apartment Tuesday when a steel door fell on her in the home’s living room. According to a Magen David Adom paramedic, the child, who sustained severe head trauma, was initially found without a pulse. “When we got there we saw the living room door on the floor next to the girl, who didn’t have a pulse and was not breathing,” he said. The child’s pulse returned after medics performed advanced resuscitation and transferred her to an area hospital, where she has since been listed in critical condition.
This is the third case in the last few days of a small child becoming seriously injured by unstable, heavy objects in their Jerusalem homes. As a result, the MDA cautioned parents to increase awareness and to keep young children safely away from potentially dangerous situations, including open windows, heavy objects, harmful chemicals, and ingestible toys.
Subscribe for our daily newsletter
Subscribe for our daily newsletter

By subscribing I accept the terms of use and privacy policy