Toddler treated after consuming lighter fluid outside day-care center
Toddler treated after co
By JUDY SIEGEL-ITZKOVICH
A three-year-old boy who swallowed barbecue lighter fluid - found in the courtyard of his Ashdod day-care center after it had been thrown from a public park - was treated at Kaplan Medical Center in Rehovot on Sunday and then discharged a few days later. The poison liquid entered his throat and esophagus and caused "chemical pneumonia."
Fortunately, the fumes did not enter his lungs. Dr. Michal Corey, a pediatric gastroenterologist, said parents should not cause their young children to vomit when they swallow toxic liquid substances, as toxins coming up through the esophagus could cause even more damage to the food tube. Instead, the patient should be rushed immediately to a hospital emergency room.
Ukraine and Italy sign bilateral security agreement, Zelensky says