Toddler in serious condition after drinking kerosene
By JUDY SIEGEL-ITZKOVICH
An 18-month-old girl from the Western Galilee was in serious condition on Sunday after she drank kerosene, stored in a plastic cup, that she thought was a soft drink.
The toddler was rushed to the Western Galilee Hospital in Nahariya on Saturday night after she vomited and had difficulty breathing.
Dr. Ze'ev Sunis, head of the pediatric intensive care unit, said that after initial treatment, her condition stabilized, and the girl is under supervision.
Hospital director-general Dr. Mas'ad Barhoom said that such cases can be prevented by keeping dangerous substances in locked closets and out of children's reach and never storing them in bottles used for human consumption.
var cont = `Stay Informed
As the war against Hamas unfolds, our unwavering newsroom remains committed to covering Israel's most profound crisis.
Sign up for our newsletter to get real-time news and in-depth analysis from our top reporters.