Kosovo and Kazakhstan joined on Wednesday the list of countries participating in the International Stabilization Force (ISF) under US President Donald Trump's vision for a "new order" in the Gaza Strip, according to information obtained by Israeli sources. 

The force, which aims to facilitate the demilitarization of Hamas and maintain the ceasefire between Israel and the terror group, includes countries such as Indonesia, Morocco, Greece, and Albania, the latter three having joined earlier this week. 

Kosovo's participation in the ISF comes amidst the country's participation in Trump's Board of Peace, which is set to meet in Washington DC on Thursday.

Trump's board of Peace to host more than 20 countries in Washington

The board was originally established to bring security to post-war Gaza, but has since morphed into a broader conflict resolution committee.

White House press secretary Karoline Leavitt told reporters on Wednesday that more than 20 countries would participate in the meeting, adding that member states had committed to providing thousands of personnel for an international stabilization force for Gaza.

The US Institute of Peace building prepares to host U.S. President Donald Trump's first Board of Peace meeting in Washington, DC, US, February 18, 2026.
The US Institute of Peace building prepares to host U.S. President Donald Trump's first Board of Peace meeting in Washington, DC, US, February 18, 2026. (credit: JONATHAN ERNST/REUTERS)

President of Kosovo Vjosa Osmani praised the inclusion of the country as "one of the most important developments in the country's foreign policy in recent years."

“The Republic of Kosovo remains committed to working closely with our main ally, the United States, and with the Board of Peace to bring concrete results, to support peace and stability in conflict-affected regions, and to promote a future based on cooperation, security, and shared prosperity,” he emphasized.

Kazakhstan was one of the first countries to join the board.

President Kassym-Jomart Tokayev, who according to sources received an invitation from Trump to join earlier this week, "reaffirmed Kazakhstan's commitment to making a meaningful contribution to achieving lasting peace in the Middle East, strengthening interstate trust, and global stability," his assistant press secretary said in a statement.

The board's membership is solely determined by its chairman, Trump, who will remain in the position following the end of his presidential term.

The ISF is expected to focus on areas in Gaza already under Israeli control, according to N12. 

The Financial Times reported that the plan is to position international soldiers behind the Yellow Line, a border between Israel and Gaza established during the Trump-led peace negotiations that brought the Iron Swords war to an end. 

According to N12's report, the location is intended to allow the force to operate in relatively secure areas while also addressing the maintenance of public order and preventing the return of terrorist elements to civilian control zones. 

US government estimates say that the force will not be operational before May of next year, as current operational activity must continue in the area until conditions allow for the transfer of the international forces.

Another obstacle is the refusal of key regional countries, such as Jordan and Saudi Arabia, to send their troops to the area, according to N12's report. 

Indonesia, who has already begun preparations to send about 8,000 soldiers to the Strip, was the first country to join the force. The Associated Press reported on Sunday that the country's contribution to the ISF will begin in April, with a primary deployment of Indonesian forces targeted for June.

Additional reports have stated that Morocco, who has maintained defense relations with Israel since the signing of the Abraham Accords in 2020, would join Indonesia as the second-largest peacekeeping country.