A former British resident imprisoned at Guantanamo Bay since 2002 claims he is about to be released, the man's attorney said Sunday. Binyam Mohamed said in a letter to his attorney that "several reliable sources" told him his release to Britain had recently been approved. The US accused him of plotting a radioactive bomb attack on the United States, but the allegation was withdrawn in October. Mohamed said he had been on hunger strike to protest his confinement. "I should have been home a long time ago," he said in the letter, which was dated December 29 but had to be reviewed by US authorities before it could be publicly released.