The parliamentary committee of inquiry into the violent events of the Amona outpost evacuation will most likely conclude that all attempts by the security forces to reach an agreement with the settlers were exhausted and that the settlers were unwilling to compromise. This was the opinion of the majority of the committee members, and a ruling to that effect was expected in the next few days, Army Radio reported. During the discussions at the inquiry, Police Insp.-Gen. Moshe Karadi declared that the police acted accordingly when faced with a high level of opposition by right wing extremists. "The Policemen only used batons after they were attacked by settlers" he testified. He claimed that the violence was expected and planned by the settlers. "The preparation of huge concrete blocks and spears were not spontaneous spur-of-the-moment decisions," said Karadi. The investigation has been a lively one and a tumultuous ride for all those involved. On Tuesday, the committee discussed compromises raised by the settlers prior to the evacuation. Chief of Staff Lt.-Gen. Dan Halutz said that the settlers' offer to relocate the buildings themselves was given at the last moment, although they were aware that such an operation would take up to six weeks. On Sunday, Internal Security Minister Gideon Ezra reiterated that he would not allow police officers to appear before the investigation committee after the car of an intelligence officer was torched on Friday. Meanwhile, Karadi said at a conference last Wednesday that there had been no complaints of sexual harassment lodged with police from the Amona evacuation. "If it's true, it's terrible, but if it's not true it's even more terrible," he said.