Germany: 24 injured in nursing home fire
German Police said 24 people have been injured in a fire caused by a Christmas candle at a nursing home in southern Germany. Rescue officials in the Bavarian city of Straubing say they extinguished the blaze that injured 22 elderly residents, a nurse and a firefighter on Wednesday morning. Most were treated for smoke inhalation and released, but the 69-year-old man who lived in the room where the fire began was badly hurt. He was pulled out of the room by a nurse. Police said the fire was probably started by his Advent wreath, a traditional decoration with candles to mark each of the four weeks before Christmas.
print gohome Arab-Israeli Conflict | Israel News | Diaspora | Middle East | Opinion | Premium | Blogs | Not Just News | Edition Francaise | Green Israel

Copyright © 2014 Jpost Inc. All rights reserved • Terms of UsePrivacy Policy