print
gohome
Iran says group behind deadly bombing identified
By ASSOCIATED PRESS
09/23/2010
TEHERAN, Iran— Iran's intelligence minister says the group behind the bombing that killed 12 people in the country's remote west has been identified.

The minister, Haidar Moslehi, provided no details but warned the "terrorists will be punished soon." His remarks were carried Thursday on state TV and the semi-official Mehr news agency.

Iran has already blamed Wednesday's attack on Kurdish separatists who have fought Iranian forces in the area for years. But most Kurdish groups condemned the attack and no one has so far claimed responsibility for it.

The TV says the blast, which took place during a military parade in the northwestern city of Mahabad, also wounded 80 people, mostly women and children watching the parade.

Two suspects have been arrested.
print gohome
JPost.com: Arab-Israeli Conflict | Israel News | Diaspora | Middle East | Opinion | Premium | Blogs | Not Just News | Edition Francaise | Green Israel

Copyright © 2014 Jpost Inc. All rights reserved • Terms of UsePrivacy Policy