Ohana victorious in return to Teddy

Former Betar head coach masterminds Kfar Saba victory over Betar; current Betar coach to leave after season.

hapoel kfar saba 88 224 (photo credit: )
hapoel kfar saba 88 224
(photo credit: )
"The King" returned to Teddy Stadium on Saturday night and sensationally pushed the man who took his place off his own throne. Hapoel Kfar Saba manager Eli Ohana, the former Betar Jerusalem superstar and head coach, was all smiles after he masterminded the 1-0 Premier League victory. Minutes after the final whistle, Betar's current head coach and general manager, Luis Fernandez, announced he will be leaving at the end of the season. Fernandez told reporters he had enough of being insulted by the crowd and that he intends to accept one of the many offers he has received from European teams. Betar drops into third place, while Hapoel Tel Aviv, which rebounded from a loss to Kfar Saba last week to beat Bnei Yehuda 1-0, jumps into second. Hapoel Petah Tikva made a giant step towards another season in the top flight thanks to another Toto Tamuz special that was enough to beat Motti Ivanir's reeling Upper Nazareth. Ton Caanen's Maccabi Tel Aviv hosts Maccabi Haifa Sunday night at Bloomfield Stadium in the final Matchday 27 fixture. Maccabi Tel Aviv's Avi Nimni, Giovanni Rosso and Roi Dayan have been declared unfit and will not be able to play. Betar Jerusalem 0, Hapoel Kfar Saba 1 The visitors, currently sitting at the bottom of the standings, took the lead after only five minutes through a Samuel Yeboah header. Betar appeared to start the game playing a risky 3-5-2 formation, with Yoev Ziv sticking to the left wing rather than playing in defense. The gamble backfired almost immediately when Eyal Meshomer skipped into space on the left wing, past Betar defender David Amsalem, and crossed for Yeboah to head home past a hapless Itzik Korenfein. Eight minutes after the goal, Kfar Saba nearly took a two-goal when it was awarded a penalty. However, Shaliv Menashe could not take advantage of Mazua Ensombo's handball and his penalty kick was saved by Korenfein. After the goal Ziv moved back into defense and Betar tried all it could to equalize. Throughout the rest of the game Betar pressed forward, but Kfar Saba defended stoutly. Betar supporters chanted "Embarrasment" and taunted Fernandez. Maccabi Netanya 1, Bnei Sakhnin 1 Sakhnin was awarded a penalty in the second minute after Yaniv Abargil was brought down in the box. Avi Peretz, who made an acrobatic dive and palmed the ball around the post, denied Abas Suan's spot kick. Netanya was awarded a free kick in the 10th minute, which was taken by Alain Masudi. The forward curled the ball towards the goal and Papi Kimoto deflected the ball past goalkeeper Meir Cohen to give the yellows the lead. The hosts had a chance to double their lead just before halftime when Shuki Nagar was caught handling the ball in the penalty area, but Kimoto failed to convert from the spot. Sakhnin opened the second half in attacking formation. The gamble paid off in the 67th minute when the visitors were awarded a free kick. Suan stepped up and sent in a looping strike that crossed Netanya 'keeper Peretz, who was caught out of position 10 meters from his own goal. Bnei Yehuda 0, Hapoel Tel Aviv 1 Bnei Yehuda enjoyed most of the ball possession, but striker Moshe Biton was inaccurate in front of goal on numerous occasions and failed to give his team the advantage. Dror Kashtan's reds found the winner when Ibazito Ogabuna, who had replaced Elyaniv Barda, scored in the 63rd minute. Also Saturday, it was Ashdod SC 0, Maccabi Petah Tivka 0, and on Friday, it was Upper Nazareth 0, Hapoel Petah Tikva 1.