Alleged serial killer breaks silence in court: 'I didn't do it, I miss my kids'

Fyodor Beizhneri is wanted for four murders, including two in Haifa in 2013, one in Ashdod in March, and one in south Tel Aviv in January.

By
May 2, 2016 19:43
1 minute read.
Handcuffs

Handcuffs [Illustrative]. (photo credit: INIMAGE)

Nearly two months after his arrest, suspected serial killer Fyodor Beizhneri made his first public comments on Monday, denying he killed the four women police believe he murdered.

“I know I didn’t do this. I miss my family and children,” Beizhneri said, before a line of reporters at his remand hearing at the Haifa Magistrate’s Court, where his remand was extended for three days.

Be the first to know - Join our Facebook page.


Prosecutors decided not to submit a pre-indictment motion on Monday, though an indictment is expected as early as later this week. Investigators have stated that they have forensic evidence directly linking Beizhneri to two of the murders. The lack of forensic evidence connecting him to those killings has delayed the issuing of the indictment, as police continue to work the case.

Beizhneri and his attorney have denied that he killed any of the victims, though he allegedly admitted to having sexual relations with three of the victims.

Beizhneri has already been in the custody of Coastal District police for 53 days, though the case was only first reported last week, after a 46-day media ban. Police announced that they had arrested a suspect believed to be involved in a series of violent sexual assaults, and released his name and picture in order to find more victims.

Police accuse Beizhneri of murdering two women in Haifa in 2013, one in Ashdod in March, and one in south Tel Aviv in January. All four victims were killed in their apartments, which were then set on fire.

The Beizhneri investigation has been one of the more intensive carried out by police in recent years, involving detectives from across the country, including a special task force set up by the Yiftach subdistrict, which covers south Tel Aviv, and the special investigations branch of the Lachish and Coastal Districts.

Beizhneri is a 26-year-old native of Moldova and father of two who immigrated to Israel four years ago with his then-wife Nadia. The couple lived on Kibbutz Tze’elim and later in Haifa, where he allegedly killed his first two victims.

A gag order remains on most of the investigation, including the location and details of the murders.


Related Content

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu addresses the cabinet at independence hall in Tel Aviv
April 20, 2018
In Iran-Israel spar, Netanyahu says Iran will pay a heavy price

By JULIANE HELMHOLD, TAMAR BEN-OZER

Israel Weather
  • 16 - 27
    Beer Sheva
    18 - 23
    Tel Aviv - Yafo
  • 16 - 23
    Jerusalem
    16 - 22
    Haifa
  • 23 - 36
    Elat
    17 - 28
    Tiberias