JPost top 5 logo.
(photo credit: JPOST STAFF)
1. A peaceful morning stroll by a group of elderly Jewish women on a promenade overlooking sweeping vistas of Jerusalem quickly devolved into a bloody nightmare, when two young masked Palestinian terrorists stalked and stabbed two of the octogenarians in their backs.
Read more: Masked Palestinian terrorists at large after stabbing 2 elderly women in Jerusalem
2. The threat to send Israeli commandos to extract Israeli embassy officials from the besieged embassy in Cairo in September 2011 is what eventually compelled then Egyptian president Mohamed Morsi to send in crack Egyptian forces to rescue the men, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Tuesday.
Read more: PM reveals: Israel threatened to send forces to free security officials from besieged Cairo embassy
3. Hamas is continuing to dig attack tunnels and is closely following Israel's efforts to uncover such tunnels, the Shin Bet (Israel Security Agency) has gleaned from the interrogation of an operative from the group's military branch.
Read more: 'Hamas digging more tunnels, wants next round of fighting in Israeli territory'
4. Sheikh Raed Salah, the jailed leader of the extremist Northern Branch of the Islamic Movement in Israel, has lashed out at Iran's Quds Force for corrupting Jerusalem's name by slaughtering Syrians in the name of the holy city.
Read more: Islamic Movement leader Raed Salah slams Iran for 'misusing Jerusalem's name'
5. Hovi Star, who will be representing Israel Thursday night in the Eurovision pre-finals in Stockholm, has wowed critics and journalists in rehearsals this week for the competition.
Read more: Israel’s Eurovision entry touted by critics to win