The scene of the vehicular terror attack at Alon Shvut junction in the West Bank..
(photo credit: GUSH ETZION REGIONAL COUNCIL)
Soldiers handed out a demolition notice at the Hebron home of a man who carried out a deadly attack near Alon Shvut last year, a day after Defense Minister Moshe Ya’alon said he had approved additional demolitions as a deterrent against terrorism.
“As you can see, Judea and Samaria are not quiet and there are attempted stabbing attacks almost every day,” Ya’alon said on Tuesday. “This week I approved further demolitions of terrorists’ homes, as a deterrent measure to prevent terrorism.”
The house set to be destroyed belongs to the family of Maher Hamdi a-Shalmon, who was affiliated with Islamic Jihad when he carried out the fatal attack last November and had served five years in Israeli prison for a firebomb attack on soldiers.
The order gives the family 48 hours to vacate the premises, according to Palestinian reports.
The attack on November 10, 2014 took place near the Alon Shvut settlement in Gush Etzion. The terrorist drove into a crowd waiting at a bus stop and then got out of the vehicle and went on a stabbing rampage, killing 26-year-old Dalia Lemkus, and wounding three others.
Lemkus was murdered nine years after she was lightly wounded in a stabbing attack at the Gush Etzion junction.