GRAPHIC IMAGES: Security camera captures Tuesday's gruesome stabbing attack in Ra'anana

The attack happened around 8:50 am, when the terrorist stabbed a 32-year-old man at a bus stop on Ahuza Street.

October 14, 2015 13:35
1 minute read.

Ra'anana attack caught on camera

Ra'anana attack caught on camera


Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

Security camera footage of a savage terror attack which left one man moderately wounded in Ra'anana was released to the public Wednesday afternoon.

The footage depicts a man in a bright orange vest walk slowly up to an unsuspecting civilian waiting at a bus stop. The attacker suddenly fastens his stride, pulls out a knife and stabs the victim multiple times in the neck and body. 

Be the first to know - Join our Facebook page.

The attacker then attempts to slash wildly at other bystanders before running out of frame.

The attack happened around 8:50 a.m., when the terrorist stabbed a 32-year-old man at a bus stop on Ahuza Street, outside a shopping center in the middle of town. The man was moderately wounded with injuries to his stomach and neck, but managed to fight off his attacker. Once other civilians came, they were able to subdue the man until police arrived.

Shortly after the initial incident, a second attack occurred at 10:40 a.m., when police received a report of a stabbing outside Beit Loewenstein Hospital further down Ahuza Street, where a 28-year-old man from east Jerusalem stabbed four people sitting at a café, wounding one seriously and three lightly.

The attacker then fled down Ahuza Street while a group of bystanders gave chase. A motorist who saw the scene unfolding hit the terrorist with his car, and then he and another motorist grabbed him and subdued him until police arrived.

Israel suffered its bloodiest day yet Tuesday,  seeing three dead and over 20 injured in a wave of violence that has gripped the holy land over the past several days.

Related Content

August 18, 2018
Truce talks to resume after Muslim feast