Terror attack by nephew of Israeli teens' murderer thwarted outside Tekoa

One of the suspects is the nephew of Amar Abu Eisha, the suspected kidnapper and murderer of Gil-Ad Shaer, Eyal Yifrah and Naftali Fraenkel in June.

December 9, 2014 12:53
1 minute read.
IDF soldier

IDF soldier handcuffs a man. (photo credit: REUTERS)


Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief


Security forces arrested two Palestinians directly outside the Tekoa settlement in the West Bank on Tuesday.

One of the suspects is the nephew of Amar Abu Eisha, the suspected kidnapper and murderer of Gil-Ad Shaer, Eyal Yifrah and Naftali Fraenkel in June. Abu Eisha was killed in September during a shootout with the IDF.

Be the first to know - Join our Facebook page.

Residents of Tekoa managed to capture one of the suspects near the community's security fence. The second suspect was captured by IDF security forces. Both had intended to carry out attacks on Israelis.  One was caught in possession of a knife, but it was not clear if that was Abu Eisha's nephew.

Prior to the arrest, the IDF had gone on high alert and launched a search for the two, who had gone missing Saturday. Security forces were searching intensively for three days in the Hebron area to find the suspects.

This is the latest terror incident since December 3, when a Palestinian attacker stabbed two people in a grocery store in Mishor Adumim, east of Jerusalem, before he was shot dead.

On November 28 in Hebron, security forces arrested a 17-year-old Palestinian girl found to have a knife in her possession at the Cave of the Patriarchs. The knife was revealed during routine security checks. Police said initial investigations indicated that she had planned to stab security personnel.

Tovah Lazaroff contributed to this report.


Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

September 23, 2018
U.S. victims of terrorists in Israel ask Trump to bar Abbas