tv quiz 390.
(photo credit: Courtesy)
Many years ago, there was a TV game show in the US called Twenty Questions (1949-1955), where panelists had to deduce what an object or an occupation was by asking 20 questions that could receive only a Yes or No answer.
Since then, TV worldwide has had a slew of quiz shows, many of them based on general knowledge and trivia, such as The $64,000 Question, Jeopardy, Hollywood Squares, Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? Master Mind, The Weakest Link and Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? In a nod to the popularity of knowing a lot about a little, here are 20 trivia questions based on some of the TV shows that have been airing lately on our channels.
1. What is the name of the actor who plays Don Draper on Mad Men
2. Which of the following performers is NOT a native-born Australian? Rose Byrne (Ellen Parsons on Damages); Hugh Laurie (Dr. Gregory House on House); Simon Baker (Patrick Jane on The Mentalist); Anthony LaPaglia (Jack Malone on Without a Trace); Alex McLoughlin (Steve McGarrett on Hawaii 5-0); Alan Dale (Charles Widmore on Lost).
3. In what soap opera did Eva Longorria appear before she moved on up to Wisteria Lane in Desperate Housewives
4. In what two sitcoms do we see Patricia Heaton?
5. In what TV sitcom did Christina Applegate appear as a teenager before she graduated to playing the lead in Samantha Who? and Up All Night?
6. What is the name of Oprah Winfrey’s new television network?
7. What is the name of Dr. Phil’s wife?
8. In what two drama series did Emily Van Camp appear before she became the avenging star of Revenge
9. What three TV shows did Melissa McCarthy appear in before making it big on the big screen in Bridesmaids
10. What part did Michelle Williams play on what TV drama before she assumed the role of Marilyn Monroe in the film My Week with Marilyn
11.Who is the host of Inside the Actors Studio
12. What nickname is given to Anne Robinson, the caustic host of The Weakest Link
13. What is the name of the town that the US version of The Office
is set in?
14. On Seinfeld
, what is Kramer’s first name?
15. What actor plays both George Costanza’s father on Seinfeld
and Carries Hefernan’s father on The King of Queens
? And what is the name of his real-life son, who is a film actor?
16. What connection do Courteney Cox (Monica Geller on Friends
and Jules Cobb on Cougar Town
) and Patricia Arquette (Alison Dubois on Medium) have?
17. What is the longest-running sitcom in the world?
18. Whose is the voice of Gossip Girl
19. What is the name of the hospital on Grey’s Anatomy
20. What are the full names of the four friends on Sex and the City
? And while we’re at it, what are the names of the actresses who played them?For answers click here