Accused terror suspect pleads not guilty in US

By ASSOCIATED PRESS
July 21, 2010 00:53

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

BOSTON — A man accused in a terror plot to kill Americans pleaded not guilty Tuesday to federal charges that he conspired to help al-Qaida.

Tarek Mehanna smiled and nodded to dozens of supporters in a federal courtroom in Boston before he was arraigned on a charge of conspiring to provide material support to a designated foreign terrorist organization. The charge was added last month in a superseding indictment against Mehanna and Ahmad Abousamra, a former Massachusetts man who US authorities say is now in Syria.

The men already faced charges that they conspired to kill American troops in Iraq, assassinate two unnamed US politicians and shoot shoppers in US malls.

A trial date of Oct. 3, 2011, was set to give the defense time to examine thousands of pages of government evidence.

Related Content

Breaking news
July 17, 2018
Putin says he told Trump Russia prepared to extend START treaty

By REUTERS