Barak: No unauthorized outposts will remain standing

By JPOST.COM STAFF
August 31, 2009 20:10

Defense Minister Ehud Barak met with leaders of the Yesha Council of Jewish Communities in Judea and Samaria on Monday and said that no outpost that previous governments had defined as unauthorized would remain standing. "In a law abiding country, we cannot accept a situation in which people do whatever they want," he said. Regarding a possible settlement freeze, the defense minister stressed that there were ongoing negotiations with the US, and that no decision had been made. The Yesha leaders said that without dialogue, any attempt to forcibly evict settlers would "ignite a fire." The two sides agreed to continue discussions.


Related Content

Breaking news
August 19, 2019
Canada slams UK decision to "off-load" Islamist fighter

By REUTERS

Cookie Settings