Belarus says detains first bombing suspects

By REUTERS
April 13, 2011 11:07

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

MINSK - Belarus has detained the first suspects in the investigation into a bomb explosion in a Minsk metro station which killed 12 people and injured about 200, the state prosecutor's office said on Wednesday.

"The first suspects in the blast case have been detained," Pyotr Kiselyov, a spokesman for the prosecutor's office, said. He did not say how many people had been held or provide any other details.

Separately, a law enforcement source told Reuters that two persons had been detained and at least one of them was a Belarussian citizen.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
October 19, 2018
China arrests former vice finance minister

By REUTERS