BREAKING NEWS

Belgian police detain 6 people over New Year's attack plot

BRUSSELS - Belgian police have detained six people during house searches in Brussels in an investigation into a plot to carry out an attack in the city on New Year's Eve, prosecutors said on Thursday.
Authorities in the Belgian capital Brussels on Wednesday called off the city's traditional New Year's Eve fireworks display, citing fears of an attack.A judge would decide later on Thursday whether they could be held further.
Two people arrested earlier this week, named as 30-year-old Said S. and 27-year-old Mohammed K., would be held for one more month as they were charged with threatening to carry out a terrorist attack, prosecutors said.
Subscribe for our daily newsletter
Subscribe for our daily newsletter

By subscribing I accept the terms of use