China, responding to Sony hack, says does not support 'cyber illegalities'

By REUTERS
December 20, 2014 04:02

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

WASHINGTON - China, in response to allegations by a US official over the cyberattack against Sony Pictures, said on Friday it does not support illegal cyber action committed within its borders.

The Chinese Foreign Ministry, in a statement passed on to Reuters by the Embassy in Washington, also urged the United States to share evidence in the hacking case against the major Hollywood studio.

US authorities have found a possible Chinese link to the cyberattack, a US official said earlier on Friday. The FBI on Friday also formally announced that North Korea was behind the strike.

Related Content

Breaking news
August 18, 2018
U.N. chief suggests options for improved Palestinian protection

By REUTERS