Germany v Netherlands friendly called off following bomb scare

By REUTERS
November 17, 2015 20:46

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

HANOVER, Germany - A friendly soccer game between hosts Germany and Netherlands in Hanover has been called off less than two hours before its start on Tuesday, German police said.

The game was canceled following information that a bomb attack was planned in the stadium, a German police official told a television outlet.

The game was called off just four days after the attacks in Paris. German Chancellor Angela Merkel had been set to attend along with other government ministers in a show of solidarity with the French.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
October 17, 2018
U.S. reliance on sanctions 'out of control,' Iran foreign minister says

By REUTERS