Haifa: Police release 2 suspects caught with bombs last week

By
September 3, 2009 16:35

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

Police have released two suspects from custody who were found to be in possession of explosive devices in Haifa last week. On August 28, a vehicle pulled over for a routine check in Haifa's Hadar neighborhood was found to contain three pipe bombs. Police on Thursday released a man and a woman, occupants of the vehicle, named as Sden Hamdan, 25, of Kfar Kara, and Haiba Shuafat, 20, of Haifa. The background to the incident is thought to be criminal, police said, adding that the suspects might have been transporting the explosives to a third party. "We decided there was no need to keep them in custody at this point," a police spokesman said, stressing that the investigation was continuing.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
November 16, 2018
China offers Myanmar support over Rohingya issue after U.S. rebuke

By REUTERS