IDF expected to lift various Hebron region closures

July 27, 2016 16:37


Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analysis from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief


The Palestinian Ministry of Civil Affairs announced on Tuesday afternoon that the IDF will imminently lift closures to a number of entrances to villages in the Hebron region. The IDF will reopen entrances to Halhoul, Bani Naim, Beit Awwa, and a road near Beit Hagai, according to Ma’an News, a Palestinian news site.

Imad Qaraqara, the director the media at the Ministry of Civil Affairs, told Ma’an that the lifting of the closures comes after Ministry of Civil Affairs reached an agreement with the Israeli side.

Earlier Wednesday the Israeli security services killed, Muhammed al-Faqih, who carried out the drive-by attack against Rabbi “Miki” Mark. The security services had been searching for Faqih for approximately one month.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
April 25, 2019
Sri Lanka's defence secretary resigns following terror attack