LONDON - A watchdog investigating the fatal shooting of a man by police, which sparked three days of rioting and looting across London and other British cities, said on Tuesday there was no evidence a handgun retrieved at the scene had been fired.
Reports initially suggested 29-year-old Mark Duggan had shot at police.
His death sparked a riot in a north London borough on Saturday night when a peaceful demonstration over the shooting turned violent.
The Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) said in a statement that ballistic test results showed "at this stage there is no evidence that the handgun found at the scene was fired during the incident."
Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>