CAIRO - A lawyer acting for the families of those killed in Egypt's uprising against Hosni Mubarak on Monday told the court trying him that there had been a "conspiracy of silence" by those seeking to shield the former president.
The prosecution and lawyers for the plaintiffs were speaking ahead the final hearing of the case on Wednesday, when Judge Ahmed Refaat is due to set a date to deliver his verdict in the trial that began on Aug. 3.
The prosecution is seeking the death sentence for Mubarak over the charge that he was involved in killing some 850 protesters but says the Interior Ministry and its police force have not cooperated to help them build the case.
"There is no doubt that there has been a conspiracy against the court, a conspiracy that started from the first day, a conspiracy of silence," plaintiff lawyer Sameh Ashour said.
Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>