Libya rebels dissolve cabinet after commander's death

By REUTERS
August 8, 2011 22:42

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

RABAT - Libyan rebels have dissolved their executive committee after "shortcomings" by some members in the handling of the shooting dead 12 days ago of their military chief, a rebel spokesman said on Monday.

A spokesman for the rebels' governing National Transitional Council (NTC) told Al Jazeera television that rebel leader Mahmoud Jibril, who was head of the committee, had been asked to form a new executive body of ministers.

"Given the shortcomings in the performance of some members of the executive committee with regard to this crisis and this incident, the Council has decided to form a new committee," rebel spokesman Abdel-Hafiz Ghoga told the channel.

Related Content

Breaking news
July 17, 2018
UK PM May's spokesman: Trump's meeting with Putin doesn't harm relations

By REUTERS