Man who threw Molotov cocktails gets 6 months

By
February 17, 2013 13:42
1 minute read.

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

A 21-year-old man who plead guilty to making Molotov cocktails to use in attacks on African migrants last year in Tel Aviv was sentenced on Sunday to six months community service, three years suspended sentence, and an NIS 1,000 fine.

In his ruling, Judge Oded Madruk said that while the crimes in question are serious, the case was a circumstantial one plagued by a severe shortage of evidence directly linking Haim Mula to the making of the firebombs or the throwing of them at the buildings housing migrants.

In the end, Mula confessed only to making four of the eight firebombs used in the attacks last April 26th, but there was little evidence linking him to the crime, and none indicating that he threw the firebombs at the buildings - which included a kindergarten where four children were sleeping at the time - according to Madruk.

Madruk said he also took into account the fact that Mula is 21 years old and has no criminal record, and already served two months in jail in difficult conditions immediately after the crime. He also said that Mula expressed remorse for his crimes and has learned his lesson, and that the fact that no people were harmed in the attacks played a role in the sentencing.

Related Content

Breaking news
August 19, 2018
Iran defense minister: Iran to unveil new fighter jets

By REUTERS