Mexico arrests 5 in connection with casino attack

By REUTERS
August 29, 2011 17:38

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

MEXICO CITY - Five men have been arrested in connection with an attack last week on a casino in the northern Mexican city of Monterrey that killed 52 people, the state governor of Nuevo Leon, Rodrigo Medina, said on Monday.

Medina said the five suspects were believed to be members of the Zetas drugs cartel, which has ravaged the state and other parts of Mexico.

The Mexican Attorney General's office on Friday offered a reward of 30 million pesos ($2.4 million) for information leading to the arrest of perpetrators of Thursday's attack.

Related Content

Breaking news
July 20, 2018
Liberman: Hamas responsible for destruction and loss of human life

By JPOST.COM STAFF