Names announced for Manchester benefit concert

By REUTERS
May 30, 2017 23:14
1 minute read.
Breaking news

Breaking news. (photo credit: JPOST STAFF)

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analysis from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

Ariana Grande, Justin Bieber and Katy Perry will headline a star-studded concert in Manchester, England, on Sunday (June 4) to benefit victims of the suicide bombing at Grande's May 22 concert there, organizers announced on Tuesday.

American artists Miley Cyrus, Pharrell Williams and Usher will also perform at the June 4 concert, along with Britain's Coldplay, One Direction singer Niall Horan and the Manchester-based band Take That.

The benefit will take place at the Old Trafford cricket ground. Proceeds will benefit victims of last week's suicide bombing at Grande's show at another venue in the northern English city, the Manchester Arena.



Islamic State claimed credit for the bombing, which killed 22 people and took place moments after Grande finished playing.



All proceeds from Sunday's "One Love Manchester" concert will go to the We Love Manchester Emergency Fund which was set up by the Manchester City Council in partnership with the British Red Cross.



The fund has already raised more than 5 million pounds ($6.4 million), organizers say.



Grande, 23, is offering free tickets to the charity concert to all of those who were at her Manchester show on May 22.



The suicide bombing injured more than 100, many of them members of Grande's large, young female fan base. Grande was unharmed but she later canceled several concerts scheduled in London and Europe through June 5.



Sunday's show will be broadcast live by BBC television and radio, Tuesday's statement said.



Grande said in an open letter on her social media accounts last week that "There is nothing I or anyone can do to take away the pain you (her fans) are feeling or to make this better. However, I extend my hand and heart and everything I possibly can give to you and yours, should you want or need my help in any way."



"We will not quit or operate in fear. We won't let this divide us. We won't let hate win," she added.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
June 24, 2019
Pompeo says he discussed Gulf maritime security with Saudi king

By REUTERS

Cookie Settings