Pentagon: US, S.Korea see N.Korea launch as 'provocative'

By REUTERS
April 10, 2012 06:46

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

WASHINGTON - US Defense Secretary Leon Panetta spoke with South Korea's Defense Minister Kim Kwan-jin by telephone on Monday evening to discuss North Korea's planned missile launch, a Pentagon spokesman said.

"Both leaders would regard a missile launch by North Korea as a serious provocation and a violation of North Korea's international obligations and standing UN Security Council resolutions," Pentagon spokesman George Little said.

Earlier on Monday, the United States urged North Korea not to conduct a nuclear test or launch a satellite and it called upon China to exert its influence over its neighbor to try to ward off such "provocative actions."

Related Content

Breaking news
August 16, 2018
Facebook says it was “too slow” to fight hate speech in Myanmar

By REUTERS