TA beach beating victim died before he was thrown into sea

By JPOST.COM STAFF
August 17, 2009 21:24

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

An autopsy carried out on the body of Tel Aviv beach beating victim Leonard Karp on Monday determined that he was dead before his attackers threw him into the sea. Meanwhile, police began bringing the Jaljulya suspects in Friday night's fatal assault on Tel Baruch Beach back to the crime scene on Monday evening. The first suspect reenacted the crime, describing how he punched and kicked Leonard Karp, who had been sitting with his wife and daughter. Meanwhile, a 17-year-old suspect from Petah Tikva, who was released to house arrest on Sunday, was brought back for interrogation on Monday. Another suspect, a 19-year-old female soldier from Kfar Saba, told police that the murder was "shocking" and that she regretted fleeing the scene with the other suspects and leaving Karp to die. She described the whole episode as a "mistake" and said she "didn't know the Jaljulya suspects as violent people," Channel 10 reported.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
October 17, 2018
Report: Saudi consul in Istanbul to be investigated over Khashoggi

By REUTERS