Turkey says operation in Syria's Afrin to continue

By REUTERS
February 19, 2018 19:40
Breaking news

Breaking news. (photo credit: JPOST STAFF)

ISTANBUL  - Turkey's military operation in Syria's Afrin will continue as planned, the government's spokesman said on Monday, warning that Syrian government forces would give a green light to dividing the country if they also entered the region.

Deputy Prime Minister Bekir Bozdag made the comments at a news conference following a cabinet meeting.Turkey launched its operation in the northwest Syrian region, targeting the YPG Kurdish militia, last month.


Related Content

Breaking news
August 19, 2019
Spain says no deal with Italy on migrants, offers its ports

By REUTERS

Cookie Settings