Turkish minister's Rotterdam rally canceled

By REUTERS
March 8, 2017 18:46
Breaking news

Breaking news. (photo credit: JPOST STAFF)

AMSTERDAM - Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu has canceled a planned rally in Rotterdam, where he had been due to campaign in favor of a proposed new Turkish constitution that gives more powers to the country's president, Dutch news agency ANP reported on Wednesday.

The news agency quoted from a letter sent by Rotterdam mayor Ahmed Aboutaleb to the city council in which he said the owner of the planned rally location had withdrawn permission for it to be used.Plans by the government of Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to campaign for a referendum "yes" vote from the large Turkish diasporas in Germany and the Netherlands have caused disquiet in both countries.


Related Content

Breaking news
September 22, 2019
France says main priority is to de-escalate U.S.-Iran tensions

By REUTERS