Shiloh settlement in West Bank 311.
(photo credit: Marc Israel Sellem)
OC Central Command Maj.- Gen. Avi Mizrachi issued 12 new expulsion orders from
the West Bank against settlers late Wednesday as part of IDF efforts to combat
growing Jewish violence in the territories.
The orders are for periods
ranging from three to nine months and were distributed throughout the night by
IDF officers accompanied by Israel Police.
Guards thwart 'price tag' attack at Knesset
Analysis: Time to create deterrence
The orders were handed out to
residents of Havat Gilad, Elon Moreh, Ramat Migron and Maoz Esther. The IDF said
the orders were issued after the Shin Bet (Israel Security Agency) obtained
information indicating that the settlers were part of a group that had been
directing attacks against Palestinians and Israeli security personnel in the
The IDF stated the orders were issued solely based on security
reasons, after all other alternatives were considered.
This is the second
round of expulsion orders Mizrachi has issued in the past half-year. In August,
he issued 12 orders against a group of settlers from Yitzhar and nearby
National Union MK Michael Ben-Ari slammed the
“Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu’s government is the government
that has done the most to harm settlers’ rights,” he said.
JPOST VIDEOS THAT MIGHT INTEREST YOU:
Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>