Balad MK haneen zuabi 311.
(photo credit: Ariel Jerzolomiski [file])
MK Haneen Zoabi (Balad) on Tuesday sent a personal letter to the Knesset usher who she was accused of attacking last week during a session discussing the anti-boycott bill. Zoabi was seen swinging her arms as she was escorted out of the Knesset plenum.
RELATED:Haneen Zoabi suspended from Knesset over Gaza flotilla Complaint to Knesset c'tee: Zoabi attacked usher
"Following the incident on Wednesday, 13 July 2011, I am sending you this personal letter," Zoabi wrote to the usher. "Firstly, I would like to emphasize that I apologize to you if during the incident I hurt you in any way."
The Balad MK continued, "I wasn't aware and it wasn't my intention to push or hurt you. I only tried to free myself and I have respect for you and for your work.
"I do not have and have never had any complaints about you. My clarifications
and apologies were immediately and widely published after the incident,
[which] I did of my free will and without anybody asking me to do so,"
A Knesset committee meeting was held Tuesday to discuss the incident.
Head of the Knesset Workers Union Haim Ayavi said during the session,
"We received Zoabi's apologies. We asked her to apologize so that the
incident doesn't repeat itself."
Ayavi added, "We view her apology as the end of the affair."
JPOST VIDEOS THAT MIGHT INTEREST YOU:
Also speaking at the special committee session was MK Alex Miller
(Israel Beiteinu), who accused Zoabi of brutality and called for her
to be tried in court.
"MK Zoabi tried to bring the violent spirit of the [Mavi] Marmara
Knesset plenum," Miller said. "She acted violently and with brutality
toward Knesset ushers and therefore she should stand trial as if she
attacked a police officer in the line of duty."
Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>