A Health Ministry investigation committee on Tuesday recommended filing a complaint against a nurse at Haifa's Rambam Medical Center for giving a 63-year-old woman patient penicillin even though her file and identification bracelet clearly showed she was allergic to the antibiotic.
The woman died from shock after getting the antibiotics by infusion. The committee members said human error was responsible for her death.
Management took the "necessary disciplinary action" against the nurse, and she will face a ministry hearing, the ministry said in a statement.
Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>