2 police killed, 3 wounded in roadside blast in southern Afghanistan

By
February 5, 2008 10:14

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analysis from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

A roadside blast hit a police patrol in southern Afghanistan, leaving two officers dead and three others wounded, an official said Tuesday. The patrol was attacked inside Kandahar city late Monday, said Kandahar provincial police chief Sayed Agha Saqib. He blamed Taliban militants for the attack. Militants frequently use roadside and suicide attacks against Afghan and foreign troops in the country. Over 900 policemen died in violent incidents last year, the highest number of casualties per year for the fledgling force since the fall of the Taliban after the US-led invasion in 2001.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Flowers are seen near the site of Friday's shooting, outside Al Noor mosque in Christchurch, New Zea
July 21, 2019
New Zealanders hand over 10,000-plus guns and weapons parts in buy-back scheme

By REUTERS

Cookie Settings