4 killed in attack on police outpost in Pakistan's Swat valley

December 9, 2007 11:00


Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analysis from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief


A suicide attack on a police outpost killed four people and wounded several others Sunday in Pakistan's Swat valley, the site of an ongoing military operation against Islamic militants loyal to a fugitive cleric, intelligence officials said. The dead included the bomber, two civilians and a policeman after the attack occurred at the Nimgole post near Imam Dheri, the headquarters of pro-Taliban cleric Maulana Fazlullah. Troops captured his compound Thursday. "The dead and injured have been taken away in two ambulances, and security personnel have cordoned off the entire area," said an intelligence officer, speaking on condition of anonymity because of the sensitive nature of his job.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Yellow Vests
April 24, 2019
Macron to announce policy reform after months of Yellow Vest protests