Missiles hits Pakistani home near Afghan border

By
April 28, 2007 03:38

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

A missile strike killed four people in a Pakistani border region considered a stronghold of Taliban and al-Qaida militants, witnesses and officials said. One official suggested the missiles were launched from Afghan territory just four kilometers away. The US military and NATO in Afghanistan denied involvement. The projectiles hit Saidgi, a village in the North Waziristan region, already targeted in operations against militants last year. A senior military official in the capital, Islamabad, said the dead and wounded were making bombs and had accidentally caused an explosion. But two local intelligence officials said it was a missile attack, and a government official said the projectiles were apparently fired from Afghanistan. "We don't have any information that we were participants in" the incident, said Maj. William Mitchell, a spokesman for the US-led coalition. Lt. Col. Angela Billings, spokeswoman for the separate NATO force, said its troops were not involved.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

North Korea
September 20, 2018
Can the U.S. trust North Korea's promise of denuclearization by 2021?

By REUTERS