US State Dept. rejects Fox kidnappers' demands

By ASSOCIATED PRESS
August 23, 2006 22:04

The US State Department rejected on Wednesday demands by a previously unheard-of Palestinian group for the release of all Muslim prisoners in US prisons in exchange for the release of two kidnaped Fox News journalists. "We don't make concessions to terrorists, and we continue to call for the release of these journalists without conditions," State Department press officer Gonzalo Gallegos said. He added that the State Department had no information on the group that claimed responsibility for kidnappings, the Holy Jihad Brigades. He said US diplomats have been in touch with Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas on the issue.


Related Content

Ken Livingstone
May 21, 2018
Embroiled ex-London mayor leaves Labour party as antisemitism scandal continues

By SHOSHANA KRANISH