MK Shelly Yacimovich.
(photo credit: MARC ISRAEL SELLEM)
While many Jews were digging in to plates of beef brisket and chicken at the Rosh Hashana dinner on Sunday night, a hearty vegan dinner was being enjoyed at the home of Shelly Yacimovich (Labor), and the lawmaker took to Facebook to describe the delicious and healthy sounding menu in detail.
This New Year the "moral majority" [those advocating for the vegan meal] won, the result being a vegan meal to the strictest standards, the Labor MK wrote.
"For all those who expressed pity on us, this is what we ate," Yacimovich wrote before listing the dishes served at the holiday meal. The Menu:
- Black lentils with mushrooms and pecans;
- Avocado with an ouzo dressing;
- Handmade pita;
- Thin Yemenite pita;
- Homemade hummus with pinenuts;
- Charred eggplant salad with tahini;
- Lentil patties;
- Taboule salad;
- Spicy white bean salad;
- Leek and eggplant lasagna in a coconut milk based cream sauce;
- Mixed green salad with a spiced seed and nut garnish. On the grill:
Sweet potatoes; zucchini, portobello mushrooms, corn, peppers, and marinated tofu.
JPOST VIDEOS THAT MIGHT INTEREST YOU:
Chocolate cake with a berry mix.
Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>